Experienced Quad Cities Employment Attorney Assists You with Work-related Legal Issues
Working with an employment attorney means you will have someone to evaluate your situation and determine whether you have a basis for a claim or lawsuit. You will also receive advice about the best course of action to take if you do have a valid claim.
When you are faced with a difficult legal issue in the workplace, you have options.
Is it best to litigate in court or negotiate a settlement outside of the courtroom that will compensate you for your losses? Should you first go to a government agency or file a claim in court? An employment attorney can help you understand the pros and cons of all of your options and protect you against further legal action or retaliation by your employer.
Working with a Quad Cities Employment Attorney Can Help You Protect Your Rights
All employees have rights in the workplace. Everyone is entitled to a work environment that is free of hostility, discriminatory treatment, and unreasonable demands.
But so often in the modern workplace, these rights are ignored or abused. If you find yourself questioning whether or not you have been taken advantage of or treated illegally while on the job, John Doak can help.
John is well-versed in employment law and understands the perspectives of both the employer and the employee. This means he can ensure the employer-employee relationship is mutually beneficial for everyone involved.
And when laws are broken, he is prepared to help you take action and defend your rights as an employee. He has seen how situations can spiral out of control and knows what it takes to keep a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and other issues.
John can assist you with a variety of work-related legal issues, including:
- Claims of discrimination based on your age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity or any other protected classes
- Wrongful termination
- Failure to provide appropriate wages and benefits, including such as overtime, sick leave, shift differential (when required) and meal breaks, all of which could be violations of federal law
- Failure to provide a safe and healthy work environment
- Failure to provide safety training for employees
- Denial of Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Defamation by a former employer that prevents you from finding future employment
- Misclassification of employees in an effort to avoid providing benefits
Contact an Experienced Quad Cities Employment Attorney for Questions about Your Workplace Legal Rights
Facing a legal issues related to your employment situation can be frightening. Having an experienced employment attorney on your side can help.
When you work with John Doak, you will benefit from his experience and familiarity with employment law. He takes great pride in operating in an efficient and effective matter and can analyze your specific situation and help you develop a strategy and plan of action regarding your case. He will be there to support you and help you make the best decisions for your case.
Quad Cities Employment Attorney