Moline Illinois Attorney Focuses on Employment Law
Employment law is a complex area of the law and one in which disputes are common. There are a variety of federal, state and local laws and regulations that apply and provide protections and responsibilities that affect the relationship between employees and employers. Because the outcome of an employment dispute can affect a person’s financial stability and an employer’s reputation, it is critical to hire an experienced employment law attorney in Moline, Illinois if you are encountering an employment dispute. John Doak has more than 25 years of legal experience that he puts to use to protect your rights.
An Intimate Knowledge of Employment Laws Enhances Legal Representation
Our team’s in-depth understanding of employment laws allows us to provide you with on-point legal advice and representation. Some of the laws that govern the employment relationship that may impact your case include:
- Americans with Disability Act (ADA) – Issues impacting disabled workers
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) – Law governing when employees can take unpaid medical leave
- Civil Rights Act of 1964–Bars discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or sex
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) – Prohibits discrimination on the basis of age for individuals aged 40 and older
- Equal Pay Act – Deals with the disparity in salaries for male and female employees
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations–Provides safety standards with which employers must comply
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) – Mandates minimum wage and overtime pay
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) – Deals with issues veterans and servicemembers experience in the private workforce
Understanding these complex laws allows us to quickly get to work on your case and provide you with targeted legal advice.
Representing Clients in a Variety of Employment Matters
Our employment law team represents employees and employers in a variety of employment matters, including claims involving:
- Hiring or firing issues
- Discrimination or harassment in the workplace
- Unpaid wages
- Wrongful termination
- Employment contracts
- Non-compete agreements
- Workplace safety concerns
- Severance agreements
John F. Doak assists clients involved in employment disputes through administrative hearings and in state and federal courts. Additionally, he has ample experience with alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation that may help resolve the claim more efficiently. He will make recommendations about the best avenue to resolve your dispute in the manner that is tailored to your particular needs.
Contact an Experienced Employment Law Attorney for Help with Your Claim
If you are an employee who was discriminated against or faced other adverse employment action or you are an employer who has been wrongfully accused, it is critical to contact an experienced employment law attorney. John F. Doak in Moline, Illinois has extensive experience in handling employment law disputes. He can guide you through the legal process and explain your options. Call (309) 797-3000 to schedule your confidential consultation.