The COVID-19 pandemic has caused financial hardship for many businesses, resulting in having to make difficult decisions, such as whether to stay in business or begin a layoff. You may also have questions about how to protect yourself from claims by your staff or customers based on your response to the novel virus. John Doak is here for you during this confusing time.
Experienced Legal Advice and Representation During COVID-19
For more than 30 years, John Doak has protected the rights of his clients. He is knowledgeable about all aspects of Illinois employment and labor law. He can help you address possible legal issues that may arise during this unprecedented time, such as:
- Whether you are required to provide paid medical or family leave based on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- How to provide accommodations to disabled workers during the pandemic
- Which measures you should put in place to reduce your liability to staff, clients and customers
- What plans to put in place to address COVID-19
- Whether you should implement work-from-home policies and how to implement them in a productive manner
- How to address cybersecurity issues with a flexible workforce
- How to address workers’ compensation concerns and claims with work-from-home arrangements
- How to issue a layoff that is compliant with state and federal law
- How to avoid wage and hour violations
- When to require employees to stay home if you suspect they might be sick
- How to require employees to take sick leave without violating the Americans with Disabilities Act
- How to provide final paychecks or severance to employees who were recently terminated or laid off
- How to hire staff during the COVID-19 pandemic
John F. Doak can provide you with the legal authority and confidence that you need during this challenging time. He has ample experience representing employers in administrative hearings and state and federal courts. He also has experience in alternative dispute resolution methods, such as arbitration and mediation. If a dispute does arise, these alternatives may allow you to resolve the dispute virtually so that neither you nor your employee is required to attend an in-person session. John F. Doak can examine your particular situation and offer you legal solutions that are tailored to your needs. John F. Doak is committed to providing you with the legal advice and representation that you need as times change and will adapt to match your needs.
Contact John F. Doak to Schedule Your Online Employment Law Consultation
If you would like to learn more about how COVID-19 may impact your workforce or you need guidance to deal with an employment dispute, contact John F. Doak. We are currently offering online employment law consultations and taking necessary precautions to be of service to you during this challenging time. We can discuss your concerns online or over the phone at (309) 797-3000.